ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Optional Task JUnit - unable to instantiate DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl since upgrading to 1.5.1
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 20:24:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Mawson" <jmawson@dialectsolutions.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 3:23 AM
Subject: Optional Task JUnit - unable to instantiate
DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl since upgrading to 1.5.1

> Greetings
>
> I have been successfully using the Ant optional junit task in my builds
for
> some time now. Recently we upgraded Ant to version 1.5.1 and suddenly
junit
> is no longer able to provide XML formatted test results. I've spent around
6
> hours RTM'ing, STW'ing, sourcecode-reading and head-scratching to no
avail,
> so I've come here for help.
>
> The Ant logging indicates that the junit task wishes to instantiate a
> com.sun.xml.parser.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl, but is unable to do so.
AFAIK
> this particular class exists in parser.jar, which is neither distributed
> with Ant nor recommended in the Library Dependencies section of the Ant
> manual.

com.sun stuff tends to exist in java runtimes, but the non-forking <java>
executor in ant1.5.1 doesnt export it to subclasses.

> Notably another implementation
> (org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl) is distributed in
> xercesImpl.jar. I read on the JUnit site that you can force the use of a
> different implementation by creating/modifying jaxp.properties under the
> JRE's lib dir. However when I set the property
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory to
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl Ant failed to execute at
> all.
>
> Is the xercesImpl version of the DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl the one I will
> eventually require?
> If so, how can I enable Ant to find this version?

I'm not sure that is the right approach to fixing this, since it is probably
a classloader issue.

1. set fork=true
2. explicitly include the xerces libs in your junit path.