ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ant Featured in Out-of-the-Box
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:38:57 GMT
Ant isnt a consumer grade installer as it doesnt install things as
transactions, and as everyone knows, the worst install is one that stops
halfway leaving things in an indeterminate mess.

But that's not surprising, ant was never written as an install tool. I use
it all the time for deployment tho'.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chappell@landsend.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 05:56
Subject: RE: Ant Featured in Out-of-the-Box

Now how excellent can you get!? :-)

I have been considering using ant for some installs, but had wondered if it
would really be suitable, now I'll look again at the matter.

Question (which may be answered on your site, but I haven't read it all yet)
how do you manage to ensure that you have a JRE/SDK available for ant when
running from a CD-ROM and how do you set Windows environment variables so
that they will persist across sessions?

Simon