ant-user mailing list archives

From "Damon Hill" <Damon.H...@wnco.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5.1 official release??
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 14:49:27 GMT
Thank you. I will install and let you know.

cheers,

M Damon Hill
Integrator : TURBO/Jets
Valtech Technoloies, Inc.
"Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but
an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones
is a house." - Henri Poincare

>>> umagesh@apache.org 10/03/02 09:07AM >>>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Damon Hill" <Damon.Hill@wnco.com>

> ** High Priority **
>
> Is there a time frame as to when Ant 1.5.1 will become an "official"
> release as opposed to the
> "beta" release as it is referred to on the website??
>
> The reason I am asking is because it is labeled as Beta on the
website
> however, the company that
> I work for needs the fixes in 1.5.1 (the inheriting of properties
fix
> as the main need) in their current
> build process. HOWEVER, they will NOT install a BETA copy of the
> software.
>
> So, my question is, can we get an official release up on the
website,
> or when will that happen????

I have made a 1.5.1 release candidate available at
http://jakarta.apache.org/~umagesh/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5.1/

Please try using this and let ant-dev know if you find
any critical issues with it.

I am planning to make the 1.5.1 release anytime
today.  I will send out an announcement as soon
as I do it.

> M Damon Hill

Cheers,
Magesh