ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Condition Task Question
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 06:58:38 GMT
On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Justo Casablanca <jcasablanca@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Ok, so now I must ask, what does "+1" mean in this context ?

OK, my fault.

+1 on any Apache list is a reference to Apache's voting rules, where
it simply means "yes" or "I agree" - most of the time combined with "I
will help".

Many people who've been involved with Apache projects long enough get
into the habit of using "+1" to simply mean "I agree" even outside of
any voting context.

Now, the specific +1 John-Mason cited (mine) was meant to emphasize
Dominique's point that ant-contrib is a separate project from Ant and
has its own support channels.

For the record, I'm a committer for both projects, so this just a
means of saying "discuss problems where appropriate" and not "I don't
want to hear you whining about ant-contrib here, because I don't
care".

HTH

        Stefan