ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How does >property< function?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 07:36:23 GMT
On Wed, 09 Oct 2002, P. Fleury <fleury@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> your <classfileset> is not part of any tasks, so it is run before
> any tasks. However, your <property> is defined within task init,
> which is run afterwards.

s/task/target/g  ;-)

> I think variable/propertry substitutions take place immediately when
> ant is parsing the file, not delayed until when the snipplet of XML
> code is actually used or referenced.

No, it takes place when a task is executed or a data-type gets
defined.  For a data-type living outside of any targets, this means it
happens at parser time.  If it was inside a target (like inside the
"init" target itself), it would be delayed until after the tasks
preceeding it have been run.

Stefan