ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sorting filesets
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 06:05:41 GMT
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Tom Lipkis <tal@pss.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to find a way to run JUnit test classes in a particular
> order, which is determined by some property of each class.  I was
> easily able to pick a subset of test classes by writing a selector
> to use in a batchtest's fileset, but I don't see an analogous
> approach to sorting the fileset.

There isn't.  Sort order of <fileset>s is completely undefined (and
highly OS and JVM dependent).

To achieve what you want, don't use <barchtest> but write a TestSuite
of your own that contains the tests in the order you want to run them
- and then use <test> to run this TestSuite.

Note 2: don't write tests that depend on the order of execution, write
your tests to be independent. 8-)

Stefan