ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Problem with using jar files for user defined taskdefs
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:59:13 GMT
On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Mark Arnold <> wrote:

> 1. Why do I have to copy the jars into %ANT_HOME%/lib if I already
> specify them in the classpath tag for the taskdef?

I think you've simply run into this.

Having none of the three jars in ANT_HOME/lib would probably work as
well, just don't mix them.

> 2. Why does ant tell me it can not find myOwnSpecialTask in
> mySpecial.jar if the problem is really the junit.jar and some of the
> classes in there which I inherit myOwnSpecialTask from?

Run ant -debug to see which classes Ant is looking for using which
class loader.

the nature of the classloader that it will report on the class it was
trying to load first.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message