ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ant 1.5.1 Released
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:31:22 GMT
On Fri, 04 Oct 2002, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:

> Why is the Xerces parser shipped with Ant-1.5.1 different from that
> of the libraries in

it shouldn't be (I used xercesImpl.jar from the binary tar.gz
download).  Yep, diff says they are identical.

Oops, xercesImpl.jar from the Xerces-J-bin.2.2.0.zip archive is
different from the one in the tar.gz package - this is a Xerces
problem, do you want to report it?

xml-apis.jar is not from Xerces, but from xml-commons, see the README
file in Ant's lib directory.

> 1.  The naming of the API's package is different
> 2.  The API packages are of different size and, after checking,
> contain different contents

Xerces only ships "half of JAXP" (i.e. the transformation part has not
been included), that's why we decided to use the different
xml-apis.jar - because earlier versions of Ant included the "full"
JAXP API jar.

Stefan