ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conditional Execution
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 09:32:46 GMT
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Software AG <sag@stark-verlag.de> wrote:

> You say <signjar> can sign jars only if they were changed - and this
> by using the signedjar option? How this?

I've never used it myself, but this is what the manual suggests.  If
x.jar is your unsigned jar and y.jar is the signed version, something
like <signjar jar="x.jar" signedjar="y.jar"/> will not do anything
unless x.jar is newer than y.jar.

> The task I think of looks like:
>
> <if-modified runtarget="name_of_target_that_creates_and_signs_jar"
> comparedto="signed.jar">
>   <fileset ...>
>   </fileset>
> </if-modified>

Take a look at <uptodate>.  Using that, you can set a property if
everything is already built.  Put the conditional stuff into targets
that test for this property in their unless attribute.

Stefan