ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Arnold" <mailtom...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: IDE
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:27:09 GMT
Right, NetBeans (www.netbeans.org) is pretty good, it needs a little processor power, but I
guess (allmost) all IDEs do...
It's free, which is the reason why I chose it over IntelliJ and it is much more flexible (regarding
configurability) than Eclipse,
which is also free.
Just be careful with using available plugins, some of the ones for fast-changing packages
(i.g. the Tomcat & ant plugins) seem to be
outdated and you can not just plug a new jar file in... But you can always run then separately...

Another free one that has some nice features (especially expanding and collapsing blocks of
code) is jEdit (www.jedit.org). And that
one is really fast, so if you use tools like ant and others to do most of the background work
anyway and are just looking for a nice
editor with editing features this might be a good choice (maybe on the side with another IDE).

MARK