ant-user mailing list archives

From "Simeon Kirov" <ski...@worldnn.com>
Subject Ant API: BuildListener does not "hear" compiler errors with JDK 1.4
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:09:42 GMT
Hi all,

I apologize if it was discussed already, but I couldn't find it in
threads...

I guess this is related to the latest javac in J2SDK 1.4.
When using Ant API in a custom program to build projects, BuildListener does
not fire events when a compilation error occures.

I noticed it particulary, when using AntWork plugin for Jext. When I
migrated to JDK 1.4 the plugin suddenly stopped to produce compiler error
output. After some debugging with AntWork Plugin sources I found, that
BuildEvents are not fired at all during javac task.

However, if the project is build the conventional way, i.e. using ant
direcly, the compilation errors are reported on the System.out as usual.

Is there any solution for it?

Simeon