ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <>
Subject RE: "Unknown source" in stack trace
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:01:26 GMT
What is the <java> task you're using to compile? Check that the debug level
isn't being set and that optimize is off.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian McCall []
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 5:59 PM
Subject: "Unknown source" in stack trace

When using ant to compile and install source/class
files, my stack traces always show (Unknown Source)
instead of ( line#). This makes
debugging much more of a chore.

I have tried several different approaches from
compiling the source and copying the class files to
the destdir, to copying source files and then
compiling in the destdir. Nothing seems to work
(except for manually compiling the source).

Is this a bug. A feature?

And help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>