ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: loadproperties gotcha
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:55:51 GMT
Ah. That makes sense. I'll look to see what <loadproperties> does in that
regard. I don't remember if it was a result of a test or just a dumb
assumption on my part, but at one point a I wrote a filter that handled the
property substitution specifically for loading property files. Simply using
the ExpandProperties filter would not give you this behavior has it is
generic and not meant to property file assignments.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
319-354-9200x6214
shacjo@ncs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 12:25 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: loadproperties gotcha

<property file="..."/> makes another pass through the set to do property
substitution, so we aren't getting lucky, its by design.

I don't use <loadproperties> in any of my production builds, but
certainly its behavior is not necessarily the same as <property file>
although it should be to stay consistent.

	Erik