ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dushyant Shrivastava" <dus...@yambay.com>
Subject RE: [JBoss-user] Starting JBoss from ANT
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 03:01:46 GMT
Hi david,
Thanks for your reply! Yes you are right, I shouldn't have wasted time on this stuff. I Guess
I was trying to get out of it easily. I did suggest another approach, the proxy approach to
my Project Manager which I think you are suggesting. Have an external client as a test case
which then calls an mBean (acting as a proxy to tests) inside JBoss to actually execute the
tests!

Now just a quick question though, why can't i simply have a session bean which would look
up the local interfaces of other beans instead of an Mbean or is a general convention to implement
such a scenario with mBeans?

I still haven't got around to test that mBean dependency problem i was having and you had
suggested trialling it out with a simple mBean. I keep getting shoved arounf in all sorts
of different projects, but will try that put and let you know!

Cheers
Dushy

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks [mailto:davidjencks@directvinternet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 10:52 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Starting JBoss from ANT

I think it is extremely unlikely that you will succeed in getting jboss to
run successfully in the ant vm (I have had bad experiences with the ant
classloaders), and if you fork jboss you might as well have started jboss
first.  Even if you succeed, I would not trust any test results due to the
different operational environment.

I STRONGLY recommend that you use Dains junitejb, which I think Jason just
added to his "blocks" module in HEAD, and you can see examples of in the
cmp2 tests, or just write mbeans that call the local interface methods.
The mbean technique in particular is really simple, you would have many
running tests by now if you had used it instead of trying to start jboss in
exotic ways.

david jencks