ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nascif Abousalh-Neto" <nas...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Stopping java processes started with ant
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:38:13 GMT
Hi Klara,
	I did some research on this area, even sent a post to this mailing
list (that got no replies). The trick would be exposing somehow the Java
Process object used internally by the java (or exec) task. Maybe as an Ant
data structure. I considered extending the exec task to add the Process
instance to a static data structure so that other tasks (running in under a
<parallel> task) could later retrieve it to call the destroy() method. But
in the end I'm wrapping the process I call this way in a script that writes
the process pid to a file. Later another task runs a script that reads the
pid from the file and issues a "kill" command to stop the process. Not very
elegant, but has been working fine so far.

	Regards,
		Nascif