ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nascif Abousalh-Neto" <nas...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Stopping applications started with <exec>
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 16:04:09 GMT
Hi,
	I'm putting together a JUnit test suite for CORBA applications. I'm
planning on starting the Naming Service (Sun's tnameserv) using <exec>
inside a <parallel> task, then run my tests. Problem is, how do I stop the
naming service after the tests are completed? <exec> will just sit there
blocked, and even if I use one of previous posted patches to allow for
asynchronous exec calls, I won't have access to the internal
java.lang.Process instance to make the process.destroy() call.
	I'll probably end up using a script that somehow finds the server
pid (ps | grep comes to mind) and makes a call to "kill" to dispose of it.
But I would like to have a more Java-centric solution, and for doing that I
would need access to the mentioned Process object. I thought about hacking
the exec task to add the Process instance to a data structure that I could
later access from another task. But that means I would have to do some kind
of "inter-task" communication. Is that even possible?
	TIA,
		- Nascif A. Abousalh-Neto