ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: set property problem
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:36:14 GMT
Try instead:

    <condition property="vss.label" value="${label}">
      <isset property="label"/>
    </condition>
    <property name="vss.label" value=""/>

    <echo message="label=${label}"/>
    <echo message="vss.label=${vss.label}"/>

--DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Tracy McAbee [mailto:tracy.mcabee@visionarysystemsinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 10:34 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: set property problem

I'm relatively new to Ant and am having a problem. I'd like to set a
property to the value of a command line parameter if the parameter is passed
in, or set it to "" otherwise. Here's what I tried (but it didn't work):
    <property name="vss.label" value=""/>

    <condition property="vss.label" value="${label}">
      <isset property="label"/>
    </condition>

    <echo message="label=${label}"/>
    <echo message="vss.label=${vss.label}"/>
When I run it in debug, it says it won't override the previous value.  Is
there a way to make it override the value, or am I approaching this in the
wrong way?  Thank you in advance for any advice you might have.

BTW, to paint the entire picture, I'm trying to use the vssget task (from
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe Tasks) and want it to get the latest version of
the files unless I specify a label on the command line.  It seems to work if
I use "" as the label when I don't specify a label on the command line.

-Tracy McAbee