ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Another uptodate question
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:42:24 GMT
Actually, the fact that it deletes the files is most of the time OK, it's
more that it doesn't set (optionally) a property when it did that's missing,
which would be something you could have taken advantage of (optionally
deleting would be nice though).

But to come back on what's possible now... <uptodate> does support a
<mapper> according to the 1.5.x docs. If you have a one-to-one mapping
between your source and target files, it should do what you need, I think.

--DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Dougherty [mailto:MDougherty@XIFIN.Com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 11:36 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Another uptodate question

I've looked at <dependset> and if the <ejbjar> worked the way I expected
then I could use it. But then again if <ejbjar> worked the way I expected I
wouldn't need it.

Anyway, what I am looking for is to run the <ejbjar> target only if a class
file that matches${build.classes.dir}/**/ejb/**/*.class has been modified
since the last execution of <ejbjar>. The <ejbjar> task deposits the results
of its compilation into ${build.ejb.dir}/**/ejb. So what I would like is for
the uptodate to tell me if the most recent file in
${build.classes.dir}/**/ejb/**/*.class is more recent than the most recent
file in ${build.ejb.dir}/**/ejb/**/*.class.

I think <dependset> would do exactly what I need if it didn't delete the
files and just set a property.

/mike