ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Relative path names in result classpath
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:07:18 GMT
<pathconvert> is indeed the solution to your problem. It's sometime tricky
to use though, because of platform-specific file separator issues. Here's a
few pointer.

Define your comp.dir.external property using <property location=""/>. This
ensure the same kind of path conversion than <path> does.

Use that variable in both <fileset dir="var"/> and <pathconvert><map
from="var"/></pathconvert>.

If you still can't sort it out, post again will info specific to your
<pathconvert>ion. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Klotz [mailto:pklotz@iconet.wn.bawue.de]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 7:08 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Relative path names in result classpath

Hi,

I have defined a fileset with a lot of jar files relative to a certain
directory. Then I build a classpath referencing the fileset. That works
fine. But now I want to write the classpath to a .bat or .sh file and
annoyingly I always get all path components as absolute pathnames. I
even tried pathconvert task to remove the leading part but that did not
work.
So the question is how do I get relative names in a path? There is no
option, there is no mentioning in the docs etc.

A build.xml snipplet:

<fileset id="jars.external" dir="${comp.dir.external}" casesensitive="yes">
   <include name="avalon/avalon-framework-4.1.2.jar"/>
   <include name="avalon/excalibur-cli-1.0.jar"/>
[...]
</fileset>
<path id="classpath.external">
   <fileset refid="jars.external"/>
[...]
</path>

Then I'm using the classpath with classpathrefid="classpath.external" or
   in a property
   <property name="clp.external" refid="classpath.external"/>

But always the result is a absolute path but I want relative because the
list is so long that it e.g. exceeds the line length in a .bat file,
also I need a relative pathname so that one can move the program
directory simply and still everything works.

I can immagine that many people have the same problem?
How did you solve it?

Thanks for your help,

Peter