ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: includes and excludes
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:42:52 GMT
Thanks Stefan. I actually thought of this later on as well. Using two
filesets might be easier, but using selectors is probably faster, since
you'd be scanning the directory only once. One would have to compare the two
methods to find out for sure though ;-) --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 3:09 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: includes and excludes

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Mike Dougherty <MDougherty@xifin.com> wrote:

> Which I expect to exclude all the classes under **/ejb except the
> class I have explicitly included.

In addition to the answer you've gotten, I just want to mention
selectors, which would give you fine gained crontrol over precedence
rules here.

    <copy todir="${deploy.server.classes.dir}" overwrite="${force}">
      <fileset dir="${build.dir}">
        <or>
          <filname name="**/ejb/**/PyrLcDiagCd.class"/>
          <and>
            <filename name="**/*.class"/>
            <not>
              <filename name="**/ejb/**/*.class"/>
            </not>
          </and>
        </or>
      </fileset>
    </copy>

would do what you wanted (unless my logic is broken, quite possible).

Using two filesets is certainly easier.

Stefan