ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: More Direct Target Call, Besides AntCall?
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:49:24 GMT
Such a task exists in JBoss' buildmagic package, and is called
CallTarget.java. It has a few caveats, but might be what you want. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Murray, Mike B. [mailto:mbm@ptc.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 4:45 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: More Direct Target Call, Besides AntCall?

I am trying to enable target overriding in "inheriting" scripts.  Since, I
cannot use dynamic dependencies, I'm currently using variablized AntCalls,
but I'd prefer a more direct method, similar to the way depends works.  I do
not need a new project instantiated, and I don't need the property
initialization complications that antcall introduces.

 <target name="class" depends="init" description="Compile the java
classes.">
    <antcall target="${class}" inheritRefs="true"/>
 </target>

Thanks, Mike