ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Colton (ext. 799)" <David.Col...@fineos.com>
Subject RE: Delete all but the most recent N files
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:32:59 GMT
Richard.

Congrats on a developing a very useful task. I'll be hitting this problem
soon when I set up a continuous build.

Have you tried using this \ would this work on directories. We also build
nightly and every now and then a build fails when the disk in full.

If it doesn't work on directories it would be nice if it did. I don't have
time at the moment myself to look into this but will get to it eventually.
If I do need to make changes to get it working with directories I'll send
you any updates.

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Dallaway [mailto:richard@dallaway.com]
Sent: 15 October 2002 11:03
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Delete all but the most recent N files

Just wanted to thank every one who chipped in with ideas for solving
this problem.  It was a huge help in digging around Ant trying to find a
good way to "purge" old files.

In the end, I've build a task to do the job.  It's available here:

http://www.dallaway.com/ant/

Comments, bug reports, suggestions... always welcome.

If we find related uses for the components of this task, then maybe that
would be a good time to think about refactoring it into something more
generic.

Thanks again
Richard

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential,
may be privileged and is intended only for the use of the
recipient named above. If you are not the intended
recipient or a representative of the intended recipient,
you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy,
use or disclose the contents of this email to anybody
else. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
permanently delete the copy you received. This email has
been swept for computer viruses. However, you should
carry out your own virus checks.

Registered in Ireland, No. 205721. http://www.FINEOS.com