ant-user mailing list archives

From Paidighantam Venkata Suresh <psure...@vanenburg.com>
Subject RE: The <mail> task with mime attachment
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:33:13 GMT
I have faced this problem when sending jar files with MIME formatting. What
I found was javamail is able to send jar files less than 800KB. If your jar
file size is more than that, it reports an error which says "Failed to send
MIME mail".

This is what I found out. Maybe I am missing something else.

Suresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 7:47 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: The <mail> task with mime attachment

What happens when you try MIME formatting?  Some error from JavaMail?

Johan Karlsson TACMa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to remove the attachment, since the initialization didn't work.
> Formerly I only had the mail.jar in the classpath, but now I have added
the
> activation.jar file. The uu encoding seems to be working, but not mime.
The
> tag now looks like:
>
> <mail encoding="uu" from="joka@tac.se" mailhost="smtp.tac.se" subject="A
> subject">
> <to name="Johan Karlsson" address="joka@tac.se"/>
> <message>Collector ${version.full} ha been built successfully.</message>
> <fileset file="BuildNumber.txt"/>
> </mail>
>
> Regards
> Johan

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error.