ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Dougherty <MDoughe...@XIFIN.Com>
Subject content based uptodate
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:29:07 GMT
Is there a way to find out if a file is uptodate based on the contents of that file rather
than the modified time? For example the server software is reinstalled, thereby setting the
modified time to current, I still want Ant to configure it based on the templates in StarTeam,
which may not have been modified for a number of months. But on the same token I don't want
the file to be copied every time the deploy target is called, so always setting overwrite=true
will not do.

/mike

Mike Dougherty
Sr. Software Engineer   | mdougherty@xifin.com
XIFIN, Inc.             | http://www.xifin.com <http://www.xifin.com/>
Ph: 760.804.0770 x47    | Fax: 760.804.0851

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
the original message.