ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Dougherty <MDoughe...@XIFIN.Com>
Subject RE: Bug in classfileset (v1.5.1)?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:03:32 GMT

In the section "Changes from Ant 1.5.1beta1 to 1.5.1" at http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5.1/
it says "Filesets now support a 'file' attribute, allowing a single-file fileset to be constructed
without having to specify its parent directory separately." Since <classfileset> is
a subelement (correct terminology???) of <fileset> I assumed it used the 'file' element
also.

> <classfileset> only works with classes on disk. There are 2 possible
> workarounds / solutions.
>
> 1. Unzip the jar to disk before using <classfileset>

Extracting on disk doesn't work because the weblogic.jar contains packages of both COM/rsa/**
and com/bea/**. When building on Unix and Linux there are no issues. However, when building
on Win* the COM and com directories are seen as the same thing (hmmm, maybe this is my opportunity
to convince mangement to finally get rid of that crappy old Win* OS). <classfileset>
does not find COM.rsa.jsafe.JSAFE_InvalidUseException even though there is a com/rsa/jsafe/JSAFE_InvalidUseException.class
file. Anyway, probably more information than you needed or wanted.

My current work-around is:

 <zipfileset src="weblogic.jar">
   <include name="COM/rsa/jsafe/*" />
 </zipfileset>

Which works, but I was hoping for a cleaner way. I think it only adds a couple hundred K extra
to the file, but the more I can trim it down the better.

> 2. Use GenJar http://genjar.sourceforge.net/ to build your
> jar. It pulls
> in dependencies from jar files as well as from disk.

Thanks I'll take a look at it.

/mike