ant-user mailing list archives

From Vishal_Santo...@gallup.com
Subject RE: Continuing with the build
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:53:26 GMT
java standalone.....

It works like this...

1.A perl script sees a  commit in a branch of cvs
2.It creates a file (a propeties file that signify the committ)..
3.drops it inot a directory ..
4.This directory is monitiored for 1. new notification files 2.or change in
already existing ones
5.An observer finds whether it is a new file or an old file with a timestamp
change..(each is a job)
6.queues up jobs ....(one for each type of notification file so if four
modules four queues and four threads)
7.thread executes the job on a FIFO basis and mails build results(of cource
you have to comment out System.exit() at a few places in the Main java file
and build the ant.jar again....
or better introduce a patch..
8.Thus the above allows for

Atomic commits(where a commit is follwed by a build)
queieg up jobs for a module(if multiple commits and thereforemultple builds
have to take place)
Further we do not want to interrupt a build b'coz we tend to notify the
committee(who committed)
via MailLogger of Ant ...(the mail address is dully passed in as a part of
the properies file
Concurrently processing of jobs related to differnt modules/versions...

If any one is interested would like to have comments on this
please respond