ant-user mailing list archives

From "Wu, Sherry" <Sherry...@commerceone.com>
Subject custom ant logger
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:01:46 GMT
Hello all,

We have a need to write a custom ant logger. I am wondering if anyone has
done this before and has a solution.

We are trying to solve the following problems with standard ant logger (or
XmlLogger).

1. ant logger buffers the logs in memory and flush out to a log file when
build is finished. The system runs out of memory since our build is huge and
it calls many sub ant files.

2. the default logger does not report errors in a standard way. The error
messages from ANT logger are different for certain tasks (e.g. copy, zip
etc). This causes problem for our build script to capture all the build
errors.

3. the xml log file that generated from XmlLogger does not have tags for sub
ant file. It's very difficult to parse the xml file and get the summary.

Thanks!
Sherry Wu
Commerce One Inc.