ant-user mailing list archives

From Boucart_N...@emc.com
Subject RE: content based uptodate
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:33:00 GMT
You can use the <checksum> task for comparison of content.
Nick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Dougherty [mailto:MDougherty@XIFIN.Com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 5:29 PM
To: Ant Users (E-mail)
Subject: content based uptodate

Is there a way to find out if a file is uptodate based on the contents of
that file rather than the modified time? For example the server software is
reinstalled, thereby setting the modified time to current, I still want Ant
to configure it based on the templates in StarTeam, which may not have been
modified for a number of months. But on the same token I don't want the file
to be copied every time the deploy target is called, so always setting
overwrite=true will not do.

/mike

Mike Dougherty
Sr. Software Engineer   | mdougherty@xifin.com
XIFIN, Inc.             | http://www.xifin.com <http://www.xifin.com/>
Ph: 760.804.0770 x47    | Fax: 760.804.0851

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original
message.