ant-user mailing list archives

From "McHenry, Matt" <mmche...@carnegielearning.com>
Subject RE: TelnetTask help needed!
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 23:01:55 GMT
	I had a lot of trouble getting this to work initially, too.  I don't
telnet to anything other than a win2k box, so I had attributed the flakiness
to the telnet task, but I'm more than willing to shift the blame to windoze.
;->

	What I eventually got to work (under 1.4, works w/o modification
under 1.5) is a combination of three things that seemed to alleviate the
flakiness:

 (1) immediately change the prompt to something that doesn't require any
ugly xml and/or java escapes

 (2) throw all the real commands you want to run on the remote machine into
a .bat file and just run that

 (3) add an extra 'echo' command at the end, because the telnet task seems
to be a bit overzealous in deciding that a session has terminated.

	Thus:

    <telnet userid="${login}" password="${passwd}" server="${ipaddr}">
      <read>C:\&gt;</read>
      <write echo="${echo-prop}">prompt dosprompt:</write>

      <read>dosprompt:</read>
      <write echo="${echo-prop}">build.bat</write>

      <read>dosprompt:</read>
      <write echo="${echo-prop}">echo</write>
      <read>dosprompt:</read>
      <write echo="${echo-prop}">exit</write>