ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eloise Friedman" <eloise.fried...@orcainteractive.com>
Subject RE: delete directory tree but not main directory.
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 10:11:08 GMT
Thanks for the dot file idea, thought of 'mkdiring' afterwards but don't like playing with
the file system the whole time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 11:55 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: delete directory tree but not main directory.

--- Eloise Friedman <eloise.friedman@orcainteractive.com> wrote:
> For one of my clean tasks I want to delete a directory tree, but leave
> the base directory.

Only two ways come immediately to mind:
  - put a "dot file" (eg, .savdir) in there and 'excludes' it
    so the dir still has something in it (kinda funky)
  - go ahead and let the dir get deleted and <mkdir> it back
    into existence (definitely more straightforward -- what's
    so precious about an empty directory?)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **