ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eloise Friedman" <eloise.fried...@orcainteractive.com>
Subject RE: How to delete directory tree but not main directory.
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 09:47:26 GMT
I tried, but I don't want to have to specify all the names of the subdirs, and if I write exclude
name="${basedir}/bin" then the delete doesn't do anything.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Touret [mailto:alexandre.touret@cgbi.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 11:47 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: How to delete directory tree but not main directory.

did you tryed with the tag <patternset> ??

Alexandre Touret
Eloise Friedman wrote:

>Hello to you all.
>For one of my clean tasks I want to delete a directory tree, but leave the base directory.
>For example, my file system looks like this:
>
>homeDir/oneDir/twoDir/src
>                                 lib
>                                 bin/Html/*.html
>                                      Js/*.js
>                                      Xml/*.xml
>                                      Xsl/*.xsl
>                                      *.*
>
>I want to delete all the files and directories under bin, but not the bin directory itself.
>

>All my experiments, including using include/exclude in <fileset>, deleteEmptyDir
etc have either removed the bin directory itself, or left empty dirs under bin, which I don't
want.I don't want to specify all the directory names under bin, because then if we add a directory
I need to modify the build file.

>Sadly enough, I saw on the web that the "bug" which didn't remove the base directory for
the delete process has been fixed for release 1.4, but that's what I need!!

>Thank you all for your time.
>

>Eloise
>
>09-7699457.
>

>Eloise
>
>09-7699457.
>

>**************************************************************************************************
>The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
>It is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
>If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
>sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.
>
>** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **

Alexandre Touret
CGBI - France Telecom e-Business
2, rue Auguste Comte
92170 Vanves