ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eloise Friedman" <eloise.fried...@orcainteractive.com>
Subject delete directory tree but not main directory.
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 09:31:10 GMT

Hello to you all.
For one of my clean tasks I want to delete a directory tree, but leave the base directory.
For example, my file system looks like this:

homeDir/oneDir/twoDir/src
                                 lib
                                 bin/Html/*.html
                                      Js/*.js
                                      Xml/*.xml
                                      Xsl/*.xsl
                                      *.*

I want to delete all the files and directories under bin, but not the bin directory itself.

All my experiments, including using include/exclude in <fileset>, deleteEmptyDir etc
have either removed the bin directory itself, or left empty dirs under bin, which I don't
want.I don't want to specify all the directory names under bin, because then if we add a directory
I need to modify the build file.

Sadly enough, I saw on the web that the "bug" which didn't remove the base directory for the
delete process has been fixed for release 1.4, but that's what I need!!

Thank you all for your time.

Eloise

09-7699457.

Eloise

09-7699457.

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **