ant-user mailing list archives

From <Farrell.Wil...@alltel.com>
Subject start process
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:38:16 GMT
Is there a way to have an ant script start a process, return to the
script and then exit the script leaving the process up and running?

o/s = Windows 2000 sp3

I have tried parallel and fork.
I have also tried creating an ant script that invokes a batch file
containing only "start c:\startServer.cmd", but the script does not exit
until I run "c:\stopServer.cmd" (stop the started process)

I could do some trick stuff, but I don't really want to, as the ant
script will be used by many developers invoking targets from netbeans
ide to start and stop an app/web server.

thanks in advance for any help.

Farrell