ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Son...@bpc.com>
Subject RE: jspc with taglib
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:07:03 GMT
MORE INFO:

my taglib entry in web.xml is as follows.  it looks pretty standard to me,
and i don't see where the problem is.  the ant error message i'm getting
back isn't saying anything about where the problem may be.
   <taglib>
      <taglib-uri>/bcs</taglib-uri>
      <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/taglib.tld</taglib-location>
   </taglib>

the jsp page that fails to compile with jspc has the following import:
<%@ taglib uri="/bcs" prefix="bcs" %>

works fine when deployed to jboss w/ jetty (my app server).  i'm using
jasper runtime 4.0.6, are they're any known issues, or should i update to a
newer version?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Pellow [mailto:nick.pellow@mindmatics.de]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 6:50 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: AW: jspc with taglib

I do not suppose you are using any fully qualified taglib names are you?
I am getting the following error:
Exception initializing TldLocationsCache: XML parsing error on file
/WEB-INF/web.xml:
Internal Error: File /javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_3.dtd not found
ERROR-the file '\tools\convertUI.jsp' generated the following general
exception: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: null(-1,-1) This absolute uri
(http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/utility) cannot be resolved in either
web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

Although I do have the following entry in the web.xml:

       <taglib>
          <taglib-uri>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/utility</taglib-uri>
          <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/utility.tld</taglib-location>
      </taglib>

Nick.