ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kervin, Stephen" <>
Subject RE: Remote UnZip function
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:42:16 GMT

The way I do this is to delpoy the zip via ftp, then use the telnet task to
kick off an ANT script on the remote target to perform the unzip/untar and

-----Original Message-----
From: Damon Hill []
Sent: 11 October 2002 15:36
Subject: Remote UnZip function

Good day.

I am using Ant 1.5.1 and I am wanting to ftp a tar file to a remote
machine, and then untar it
into a specified directory. I know there is the <telnet> task, but it
appears there are only
<read> and <write> attributes for this task. Does it however support
the operation of
function calls on the telnet server you have logged into?

M Damon Hill
Integrator : TURBO/Jets
Valtech Technoloies, Inc.
"Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but
an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones
is a house." - Henri Poincare

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>