ant-user mailing list archives

From "Menon, Joby" <Joby.Me...@intertrade.com>
Subject RE: javac class path
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:14:09 GMT
this is the first line of my build xml file
<property name="build.sysclasspath" value="ignore"/>
this is what i see when i run it in the debug mode

setting project property: build.sysclasspath -> ignore

setting project property: java.class.path ->
D:\jdk1.3.1_02\lib\tools.jar;D:\ja
rta-ant-1.4.1\lib\XsdSrcGenTask.jar;D:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\jaxp.jar;D:\jak
ar
-ant-1.4.1\lib\jakarta-ant-1.4.1-optional.jar;D:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\crims
on.j
;D:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\ant.jar;.;D:\DB2\java\db2java.zip;D:\DB2\java\runt
ime.zip;D:\DB2\java\sqlj.zip;D:\DB2\bin

this part is classpath defined in my system path
;.;D:\DB2\java\db2java.zip;D:\DB2\java\runtime.zip;D:\DB2\java\sqlj.zip;D:\D
B2\bin

then while the javac task is run, this system classpath show up in the
classpath.

from the documentation i understand this property to be a task property

Again is this to be used just as any other property would be used and
defined for the entire build file. That's the way i used it but doesnot
help...

this line from the documentation confuses me ..

The default behavior varies from Ant to Ant task.

how do i overide on a task by task basis? or i can do only at a global level
for all the tasks ..? Where is the documentation for what's the default
behaviour for each task that uses this property ?