ant-user mailing list archives

From Software AG <>
Subject AW: Conditional Execution
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 08:54:21 GMT
Hi, Stefan.

Thank you for your answer.

I do have an ant script that creates and signs jars. But it does it always,
even if it is not required (no files have changed). The script does other
things also, and I'd like to save the time to generate and sign something
that has not changed.

You say <signjar> can sign jars only if they were changed - and this by
using the signedjar option? How this?

I have not yet tried to write my own task, as this job is actually very
generic and should be in the distribution somehow. The task I think of looks

<if-modified runtarget="name_of_target_that_creates_and_signs_jar"
  <fileset ...>

I can also think of running all other tasks nested within the if-modified
element. That should solve the problem and be flexible enough to not only
create signed jars.

What do you think?