ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How does Ant find classes? ( ClassLoader problem )
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 05:47:57 GMT

Well, javax.mail.Session is obviously somewhere on your system.  This can
be in the system CLASSPATH variable, the JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext folder, the
ANT_HOME/lib folder or in any custom <path> that you have set up for your
local build.  It has got to be in one of those places.  I would double and
triple check if I were you.  You never know, it might be included as part
of a jar file in some other library on your system.

As far as Tomcat finding the javax.mail package, your webapp has access to
a number of classloaders.  Look in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib.  I'll bet you
find a jar file named "mail.jar" there.  Your webapp can see that.  It can
also see jars in $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib.

Is your build including the jars in the Tomcat lib directories in creating
a <path> to use for classpaths in your taskdefs?

Jake