ant-user mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gen...@acm.org>
Subject Re: HTTP 404
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:09:33 GMT
You probably need to describe your ANT specific problem a little better --
what task are you using, what is the environment and what is the output of
the build for example.

Not having that, and not know what task you're using, I will offer this:

UrlConnection/HttpConnection from the stock Java JDK will, depending on
what version you have, throw a FileNotFound exception for the 404 code, and
a different exception on other error HTTP status codes.  If the task you're
using isn't catching the exceptions, it will most likely "fail".

J2SE 1.4.1 is supposed to rationalize this behavior, but I've not had a
chance to verify it.