ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: command line front end.
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 05:41:07 GMT
Hi Shivaken,

Thanks for that info.  Now it works for me.  I just can't believe how fast
the build process goes with this!  Very cool!

I've attached an "antshell.bat" script (inside the antshell_winbatch.zip
file).  It is mostly ripped off from the ant.bat script.

BTW, here are a couple of nits....

1.  If the Readline library doesn't exist, maybe you could output a warning
about that rather than letting it display the following that I get:

couldn't load readline lib. Using simple stdin.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no JavaReadline in java.library.path
         at org.gnu.readline.Readline.load(Readline.java:123)
         at GnuReadline.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at Shell.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at Shell.main(Unknown Source)

2.  Is "exist" a possible keyword that might be used as an Ant target
name?  Probably not, but something to think about.

3.  When I just hit "enter" without actually typing anything to the command
line, I get the following error after which antshell abruptly exits.  Might
want to ignore that and just do nothing except show another prompt like any
other command line program:

         at java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:741)
         at java.util.regex.Matcher.find(Matcher.java:414)
         at java.util.regex.Pattern.split(Pattern.java:934)
         at java.util.regex.Pattern.split(Pattern.java:992)
         at CommandManager.getArguments(Unknown Source)
         at CommandManager.createCommands(Unknown Source)
         at Shell.start(Unknown Source)
         at Shell.main(Unknown Source)

4.  I can't type stuff like "-projecthelp" to see the available targets.  I
just get "no such commands.".  Might want to enable that as well as being
able to add other command line switches like -Dmysystemproperty=foobar

The 4th one is the only real usability killer here.  All the others are
just comments about making it more user friendly.  Nice tool!!!!

Jake