ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ant 1.5.1 Released
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:12:02 GMT

"Shipped XML parser is now Xerces 2.2.0"

Why is the Xerces parser shipped with Ant-1.5.1 different from that of the
libraries in
http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-j/Xerces-J-bin.2.2.0.zip ?

Ant-1.5.1       - xml-apis.jar            (106KB)
                      - xercesImpl.jar        ( 812KB)

Xerces-2.2.0 - xmlParserAPIs.jar ( 81KB)
                       - xercesImpl.jar       ( 813KB)

1.  The naming of the API's package is different
2.  The API packages are of different size and, after checking, contain
different contents
3.  The sizes of the Impl packages is different

I understand that the size differences may be related to different
compilers and/or different levels of compression but why not stick with the
package naming scheme of the Xerces-2.2.0 release
(xmlParserAPIs.jar-vs-xml-apis.jar) and why the differing contnts of the
xml api's?  I haven't yet determined the differences in xercesImpl.jar, but
there are problably some.

Anyway, I just thought this was odd.  Seems like everything should be the
same if Ant-1.5.1 was really released with Xerces-2.2.0.

Jake