ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murthy, Suryanarayana (MED, TCS)" <>
Subject RE: windows98 users look out!
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:58:13 GMT
First of all can anyone explain me the meaning of
%JAVA% -Xmx300m -Dant.home=%ANT_HOME% %*

I did not understand the option -Xmx300m and %*

Thanks & regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: onlyjaglee []
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 5:40 AM
Subject: windows98 users look out!

Hi this is lee, I had posted a question yesterday. I did not get any reply
none the less. I hope this information will help all the windows98 users.

In a few Open source projects that use ant. tha batch files that start ant
have the following command.

%JAVA% -Xmx300m -Dant.home=%ANT_HOME% %*

this line is intended to call ant.main with the command line arguements
supplied to the batch file. unfortunately this is not the way to do it.

To correct this you can either remove the '%*' at the end or append tha
command line argments in a variable on by one and add it as shown in the
%ANT_HOME%\bin\ant.bat of the latest ant1.5 installation.

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at
Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message