ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Michael (Denver)" <Michael_Br...@jdedwards.com>
Subject RE: Starteam <stlabel> Exception
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:14:09 GMT
Gavin,

I am working with StarTeam 5.1 and ant 1.5.  I am using a cruisecontrol ant
task to execute the labeling.  Which version of StarTeam sdk do you have?

Mike B.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Simpson [mailto:gsimpson@superscape.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 7:58 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Starteam <stlabel> Exception

Hi, I'm having a problem adding a label to my project within starteam as it
causes the following exception:

A view can only be modified from its current configuration.
        at
com.starbase.starteam.vts.comm.BinaryCommand.popException(BinaryCommand.java
:643)
        at com.starbase.starteam.vts.comm.Command.pop(Command.java:303)
        at
com.starbase.starteam.vts.comm.BinaryCommand.readInt(BinaryCommand.java:183)
        at
com.starbase.starteam.LabelRWImpl.readGutsForCreation(LabelRWImpl.java:35)
        at com.starbase.starteam.CmdCreateLabel.pop(CmdCreateLabel.java:32)
        at
com.starbase.starteam.vts.comm.CommandMacro.execute(CommandMacro.java:107)
        at
com.starbase.starteam.PutMethods$3.createNewLabel(PutMethods.java:148)
        at com.starbase.starteam.PutMethods$3.execute(PutMethods.java:103)
        at com.starbase.starteam.PutMethods.put(PutMethods.java:509)
        at com.starbase.starteam.PutMethods.put(PutMethods.java:503)
        at com.starbase.starteam.Server.putItems(Server.java:440)
        at com.starbase.starteam.Label.update(Label.java:548)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.starteam.StarTeamLabel.execute(StarTe
amLabel.java:145)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:334)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1250)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)

Using the following ant:

    <target name="labelsource">
        <tstamp>
            <format property="sourcestamp" pattern="yyyyMMddHHmmss"
locale="en"/>
        </tstamp>
        <stlabel
            description="autogenerated label for build number
${build.number} on ${sourcestamp}"
            label="AutoBuild_Source_${build.number}"
            lastbuild="${sourcestamp}"
            username="username"
            password="password"
            servername="Server-StarTeam"
            serverport="1024"
            projectname="TestProject"
            viewname="TestProject"/>
    </target>

I can apply labels through the starteam gui and stcmd command line call thus
the connection to the server seems to be fine.

Also I'm able to check in and check out using <stcheckin> and <stcheckout>

Using the -debug option on the command line sheds no light on the problem.

Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Gavin Simpson.