ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Johnson" <jeff.john...@digeo.com>
Subject RE: Question about how ant runs ...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:03:29 GMT
Yes, it does call System.exit.  You should call the Ant APIs directly (i.e, use org.apache.tools.ant.Project,
etc.).  Check out: http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/07/24/antauto.html

- Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Saripalli, Raju [mailto:Raju.Saripalli@jenzabar.net]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 1:36 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Question about how ant runs ...

Hi,

I have a question about how the ant process runs/is run.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I have a java class that calls the 'Main' class in the ant
package. I am doing some pre-preocessing within the java class,
and then I am doing some post-processing after the ant process
is completed.

Without getting into reasons about why I am doing this:

Does the ant process (Main.main()) exit with a System.exit or
is this part of the task/tag definition?

I have not gone through the source code yet (will be doing that soon),
but I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head.

Thanks,

Raju