ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tolles, James" <James_Tol...@mpaa.org>
Subject RE: RE: Tagging CVS from Ant - errors
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:12:21 GMT
We had alotta trouble getting CVS task to work on win2k, but it was only path problems.

We we're using wincvs at the time and it worked fine.
First we got cvs to work from the command line, then from within ant as <exec ..> then
tried the ant <CVS task.. - it took awhile but it was only path problems.
  Ant <CVS> wants to find the cvs dir in the user's path, so we had to add it the the
user's path in the windows registry. Then, ant <CVS> wanted to find the .cvspass file
in the windows user dir under "Documents and Settings..." for that user. Wincvs was using
.cvspass in /username/.cvspass.

Now we've been using it without trouble now for a couple of months.

Don't know if this helps.

Thanks,
  James

-----Original Message-----
From: otisg [mailto:otisg@ureach.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 8:06 AM
To: Detlef Brendle
Subject: Re: RE: Tagging CVS from Ant - errors

Hello,

Thanks, that was a kick in the right direction.
However, it appears that 'cvs' invoked from
Ant (version 1.5) and 'cvs' invoked from the
command line behave differently.

This works from the command line:

prompt> cvs -n tag -F -R my-tag Foo

This does not work from Ant:

    <cvs
cvsRoot=":pserver:otis@1.1.1.1:/home/cvs/repository"
         command="tag -F -R my-tag Foo"
         failonerror="true"
         noexec="true">
    </cvs>

Note:
-n option prevents cvs from actually making
changes in repository
-r option apparently doesn't work for
tagging (cvs tag -r my-tag Foo).  If I try
that command from the command line I get:

cvs [server aborted]: no such tag my-tag

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd like to
do this tagging from Ant rather than the
shell script...

Thanks,

Otis

---- On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Detlef Brendle
(detlef.brendle@canoo.com) wrote:

> command isnt correct. Depending on the cvs
version you are using it should
> be:
>
>  cvs tag [-bcdFflR] [-r rev|-D date] tag
[files...]
>   -b      Make the tag a "branch" tag,
allowing concurrent development.
>   -c      Check that working files are
unmodified.
>   -d      Delete the given tag.
>   -F      Move tag if it already exists.
>   -f      Force a head revision match if
tag/date not found.
>   -l      Local directory only, not recursive.
>   -R      Process directories recursively.
>   -r rev  Existing revision/tag.
>   -D      Existing date.

'-r' flag for the tag name.

> detlef

about Foo
>       [cvs] cvs server: nothing known about
> mclass
>       [cvs] cvs [server aborted]: correct
> the above errors first!
>

> I looked through the mailing list archives,
> but didn't find any answers that worked
for me.