ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: property file
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:36:22 GMT
Matt,

I thought you were concerned with their names colliding.  So I'm
confused as to what you're really up to.  You can load multiple
properties files, no problem.  Is that the question?

	Erik

Matt Lyon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems to work alright based on my test case. As per Erik's suggestion, I reviewed
the "prefix" parameter of the property task:

> "Prefix to apply to properties loaded using file or resource. A "." is appended to the
prefix if not specified."

> I wasn't able to extrapolate from that description how that could be applied to what
I'm up to, unless the idea is that I could prefix one set of properties to be sure they didn't
collide with the other set? Since each file contains it's own unique set of properties and
values, I'm not sure I would need to go down that path...?