ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: custom ant logger
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:09:46 GMT
Wu, Sherry wrote:
> 1. ant logger buffers the logs in memory and flush out to a log file when
> build is finished. The system runs out of memory since our build is huge and
> it calls many sub ant files.

This seems easily solvable by flushing to a log file as it goes without
buffering.  Have you tried this?  And?

> 2. the default logger does not report errors in a standard way. The error
> messages from ANT logger are different for certain tasks (e.g. copy, zip
> etc). This causes problem for our build script to capture all the build
> errors.

I'm not following what you mean.  Could you provide an example of how
some tasks are reported differently than others?

> 3. the xml log file that generated from XmlLogger does not have tags for sub
> ant file. It's very difficult to parse the xml file and get the summary.

Yes, there have been known issues with this type of thing, but I'm
unsure of exactly where it stands now.  Its non-trivial to solve I
believe, but it seems that pushing in another level when you get a new
project started (or the <ant> task is encountered) could potentially
solve this?

	Erik