ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Schroeder" <fr...@webraska.com>
Subject copy tasks and filelist
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:06:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use ant 1.5.1 in our current build environment which is
using recursive Makefiles. The files which are part of the build are
referenced explicitly in the Makefiles.

I've written a simple Makefile parser which parses the Makefiles and
extract the file lists. The parser stores the file lists as comma
separated strings in properties in the project, e.g. IMAGE_FILES which
contains "foo.gif, bar.gif".

Now I want to copy these files to a certain directory but the copy task
does not support the <filelist> tasks just <filesets> and individual
files. I was not able to copy the files from the ${IMAGE_FILES} property
to an output directory. How do I do this? Do I have to use the <exec> task?

P.S.: I would like to traverse the tree as little as possible as it is
rather large.

--
It's amazing how much easier it is for a team to work
together when no one has any idea where they're going.

Frank Schröder  <frank@webraska.com>

    Webraska Engineering Germany
          www.webraska.com