ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cruisecontrol vs anthill
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 07:01:45 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Caveat: this chart is not entirely accurate any more.  Anthill now
>>has multiple SCM support and project dependency support
>

> Gump supports Subversion now 8-)

Excellent!

> and no, setup hasn't become easier - I don't really think
> CruiseControl and Gump are addressing the same needs.

Agreed.  They could be tweaked into doing the same thing, and both build
code on a routine basis.

Running Gump was not difficult - it was the setup that took me a while,
but I had it building the project we did for our book along with some
other open-source dependencies and it worked nicely after some fiddling
and learning.

	Erik