ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: jspc and dependencies
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:14:17 GMT
Christoph Kulla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using jpsc (tomcat 4.1.12, jasper 2) with ant 1.5. After a "ant
> clean" everything works fine. jspc genertates java files for every jsp
> file in my project. But when I edit a jsp file in my project, jspc
> doesn't recognize the change and doesn't regenerate the corresponding
> java file.

I'm trying to get jspc working in my build script in the same
environment your working in. Maybe we can trade some information. I'm
looking for a decent examle for using jspc to deploy compiled jsp pages
for my webapp. If you could show how your currently configuring jspc in
your build, I'll share anything I find out about getting it to update
jsp-java file appropriately along the way.

> As a workaround I delete all jsp-java files before calling jspc.  Any
> ideas?

One note I can tell you right now, I've used ant to deploy our cvs tree
into the webapps directory via "copy", I noticed that if I'm copying
files from a src directory to a deployment directory with
tomcat(probibly jasper as well), it doesn't recognize the file updates
as well.  This might suggest some sensitivity with jasper and file
lastModified times. I usually end up wiping the work directory.

Sometimes I think the copy task is not replacing the destination file
with the new copy, sometimes I think the dates are not changing, I'm not
sure though. I take a similar strategy where I'm overwriting the entire
distibution.

        <copy todir="${deploy.home}" overwrite="true">
            <fileset dir="../../VDC"/>
        </copy>

-Mark